ON-THE-WATER PHOTO WORKSHOP WITH YELLOW DOG FLYFISHING ADVENTURES
Location: El Pescador Lodge – Ambergris Caye, Belize
Dates: October 22-28, 2016 (6 nights / 5 days)
Cost Per Person (All Inclusive): $3,995.00
Photography Instructors: Bryan Gregson, Jess McGlothlin and Jim Klug
Join us for a hands-on, adventure-filled outdoor and fishing photography workshop in beautiful Belize. This six-night / five-day school will take place at El Pescador Lodge on Ambergris Caye October 22-28, 2016. This immersive workshop will be led by three well-known and accomplished outdoor and fishing photographers: Bryan Gregson, Jess McGlothlin and Jim Klug. The school includes daily classes and instruction, three full days of guided flats fishing, field trips on Ambergris and visits to surrounding islands, all lodging and meals. Full details are listed below.
School Itinerary and Daily Schedule:
• October 22 – All participants arrive in Belize and transfer to El Pescador. Evening one-hour intro class in main villa followed by welcome reception.
• October 23 – Full day of guided fishing (two anglers per boat) followed by afternoon class / instruction block in main villa.
• October 24 – Non-fishing day – Trip into town of San Pedro and other Ambergris area sites for field work and classes. Afternoon class / instruction block in main villa.
• October 25 – Full day of guided fishing (two per boat) followed by afternoon class / instruction block in main villa.
• October 26 – Full day of guided fishing (two per boat) followed by afternoon class / instruction block in main villa.
• October 27 – Full day catamaran trip and photo safari to Hol Chan, Shark-Ray Alley and Caye Caulker
• October 28 – Departure day (morning) for all participants and flight back to U.S. / home city.
Curriculum and Instruction Included in Workshop:
• Creative composition for outdoor photographers
• Effectively using circular polarizers and ND filters
• Underwater photography: equipment and techniques
• Night photography: stars and light painting
• Proper fish handling techniques and shooting great “hero” shots
• Packing and travel advice for outdoor photographers
• Recommended “kit” and equipment lists for fishing photographers
• Sunrise and sunset shooting techniques
• Travel photography: Food, fishing, people, places and things
• File handling: downloading, labeling, editing and organizing
• Social media techniques for the independent outdoor photographer
• Nighttime photo walks
• Daily (evening) photo critique for all participants
This trip is a fantastic value and a chance to learn from three working fly-fishing / travel photographers (and get in a bit of world-class fishing on the side). Read the full details on the Yellow Dog site here, or give me a shout for more information!